I am a highly experienced Counsellor and Psychotherapist, (also with a Medical Background of 21 years experience as a Nurse). I am a Registered Member of the British Association of Counselling and Psychotherapy (MBACP).
I offer Counselling, Psychotherapy, Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (CBT), Life Coaching, EMDR Therapy (Eye Movement Desensitisation and Reprocessing), & some Complementary Therapies.
I can help you with:
- Relationship problems
- Negative thinking
- Feeling overwhelmed or not coping
- Depressed or low mood
- All sorts of anxiety issues
- Stress related problems
- Grief, bereavement or loss
- Issues from past trauma, including difficult emotions, flashbacks
- Sleep problems, nightmares, fears or worry’s
- Work, career or work-life balance
- Low confidence or self-esteem
- Gaining clarity and decision making
- Past physical, emotional or sexual abuse
& many other types of issues……..
Perhaps you are simply looking for someone to lend you a confidential, non-judgmental listening ear, no matter how irrational your troubles may seem. Maybe you are struggling to make sense of things…. I feel sure I can help you to break through and reach understanding….
Don’t worry if you are uncertain which therapy can help you as we can work that out together.
I can advise and help to plan your way forward.
Everyone is unique and individual, having different needs or requirements.
Click on links below for information:
More information about Angie Walker
Following a spinal injury and subsequent surgery, Angie left the field of nursing, and during recovery benefited from Counselling, Complementary Therapies and Life Coaching. The benefits received encouraged her to retrain in these subject areas, to help others in a similar way.
Her extensive experience spanning 40 years working with people in the caring sector, means she can help you with both Physical and Emotional Issues. Angie is passionate about helping you to find peace, clarity, self-empowerment, or in other words, “feeling back control in your own life”…
Often following sessions, people feel a sense of relief, as it might of been the first time they have been able to voice or express their feelings… It can help to talk to someone who is not directly involved, empathic and non-judgemental in a safe, supportive, confidential environment.
Qualifications & Skills
- Integrative Counsellor (Dip.Higher National Diploma Counselling)
- Psychotherapist & Cognitive Behavioural Therapy Practitioner (CBT)
- EMDR Therapy Practitioner (Dip. EMDR)
- Life Coach (Dip. Life Coaching)
- Transactional Analysis (S.A.C. Dip.Transactional Analysis)
- Gestalt Therapy (Cert. Gestalt Therapy
- Ex Registered Nurse
Professional Associations / Memberships
- Registered Member British Association of Counselling and Psychotherapy (MBACP)
- Member of International Regulator Coaching and Mentoring (IRCM)
- Member International Association of Healthcare Practitioners (IAHP)